The Secret To Effective Bed Bug Control In Delaware County
Bed bugs can be an insidious menace to your peace of mind. An infestation of these tiny parasites could happen to anyone, especially those who travel frequently. If you're waking up with the tell-tale little red welts all over your arms and legs, don't panic. In this post, we'll outline everything you need to know about these sneaky blood-sucking insects, including the best ways to kick them out and keep them out for good with help from Delaware County pest control professionals.
How To Identify Bed Bugs In Your Delaware County Home
The first hurdle in addressing a bed bug infestation in your Delaware County home is being able to find them in the first place. The most common sign, their itchy bite marks, can all too often be overlooked as coming from some other more innocuous cause. However, if you're noticing bite marks, or rusty red stains on your sheets, or even strange, offensive new odors around your room, it may be time to start searching. It's important that you know what exactly to look for. Bed bugs are tiny brownish-red insects with flat bodies, similar in size and shape to an apple seed. This means they can squeeze into almost anywhere, hiding in the most unreachable places around your home. Be on the lookout not only for the bugs themselves, but also for their molted shells, droppings, and eggs.
Here's a quick rundown of all the places in which you might find them:
- Between the seams and under the fabric of your mattress
- Between the seams and under the fabric of any upholstered furniture
- In the corners where the carpet meets the wall
- Under loose wallpaper or in disused electric outlets
- In luggage, laundry, or recently purchased used furniture
These are just a few common examples, but bed bugs are small enough to hide in numerous places. A good rule of thumb is that if you could slip a credit card into a space, a bed bug could hide there.
Are Bed Bugs Harmful To My Health?
Although bed bugs are not technically very dangerous to humans, there's no denying that their presence can be a constant source of discomfort. The thought of an infestation alone is enough to make many people uncomfortable. A bed bug infestation in Delaware County is linked to increased rates of insomnia and general anxiety. Some people also experience allergic reactions to their bites or develop secondary skin infections due to scratching the itchy red bumps they leave. If you want to avoid the stress these pests can cause, it's important to catch a population early before it gets out of hand.
How To Effectively Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Delaware County Home
If you need some pointers for eliminating a bed bug infestation in your home, we've got you covered. Although it can be an arduous challenge treating this problem alone, there are still a few things you can do:
- Clean and declutter around the home, washing bedding and laundry with hot water, and scrubbing between the seams of mattresses and furniture.
- Vacuum thoroughly and frequently, being sure to dispose of the vacuum bag outside of your home.
- Repair cracks, replace loose wallpaper, and seal crevices with plaster or caulk to prevent any bed bugs from hiding there.
- Partner with a knowledgeable professional for ongoing guidance and complete elimination.
The experts at M.A.D. Exterminators have you covered. If you've caught bed bugs or noticed the signs of their presence, call us to quell the infestation before it starts. We have the knowledge and equipment you need to tip the scales in your favor. Reach out today, and we'll help you reclaim your peace of mind with our professional bed bug control services in Delaware County.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips For Delaware County Homes
Whether you've had to deal with a bed bug infestation before or just want to make sure you never do, here are some proven steps to follow.
- Be aware of bed bug hotspots, which include any place that sees a lot of people, such as hotels, public laundry facilities, etc.
- Never set your luggage on the floor, bed, or furniture.
- Use zipper-sealed plastic bags for your laundry.
- Invest in professional treatment for your home.
A bed bug infestation in your Delaware County home can be a nightmare to deal with on your own. Contact us to find out how M.A.D. Exterminators can help you get a good night's sleep again with our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services in Delaware County.